I hope to share creative stamping ideas with you and get your creative juices flowing! As Stampin' Up's advertisements say, "EARTH without ART is just "EH" !!!

Welcome to my blog!



Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Stamping Out Alzheimers


You may have noticed the box on the left that says Stamping Out Alzheimers--well some girls started a blog about people in their life that have this terrible dementia and are getting donations to give to the cause. It's a great place to share your story and read about others--AND they have WONDERFUL give-a-ways everyday! There is only one day left to donate, if you are interested...Thank you , ladies for helping this cause!
I joined the group because we have it in our family (a form of Alzheimers called Lewy Body dementia-same except with hallucinations and extreme paranoia). My mom is in the later stages, but is physically healthy and living at home with my dad taking care of her. (Bless his BIG heart) My 2 uncles are in special living facilities, and my grandma died of it, also.
Have you seen the documentories on HBO that Maria Shriver has put together on Alzheimers? If not, you may want to watch them, since it will soon be an epidemic with so many Baby Boomers....

This is a picture of me and my mom when I visited over Easter (they are 500 miles away). We made little Easter baskets with the stamped York peppermint patties to give out to her friends at church. Actually, I made them and told her she helped! Sadly, when we gave them out, she had no idea that we even made them. And I am now her best friend because her daughter is about 10 years old and she doesn't know where she is (me). And we can't get her to ever take off the sunglasses! Gotta love her!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hi Jeri,
This is my first time blogging on your site but when I saw the above title I knew I just had to tell you how great it is to be supporting such a cause. One of my best friends father and my uncle both have this horrible disease. It just rips at my heart to see such a perfectly healthy person be so confused and lost. I understand totally what your family is dealing with. Hats off to your dad for being able to take care of your mother.
I also love seeing all of your cute ideas that you come up with.
Have a great week.
Tammy