I hope to share creative stamping ideas with you and get your creative juices flowing! As Stampin' Up's advertisements say, "EARTH without ART is just "EH" !!!

Welcome to my blog!



Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"Smoosh" technique


I'm heading out tomorrow morning to Naperville, Ill. on a 10 hour drive to visit my parents and daughter over Easter! My daughter lives in Chicago and is joining us for the weekend-so we will all have a fun time together! Sadly, my husband is staying home because he doesn't want to miss work--and get this--Easter is his birthday! Since I won't be there I made some cute little 3x3 cards with the owls on them for a scavanger hunt for him to do on Sunday. I hid them around the house today with some gifts and will call him Sunday with the first clue.....

SO, it will be a few days til I add a new post...please be sure to check back on Tuesday!

I'll leave you with a card I made for the downline swap using the "smoosh" technique!
The background is made using a page protector that I opened and put a couple drops of Pacific Blue, Certainly Celery and So Saffron reinkers. Then, you spray a mist of water and close the plastic. SMOOSH. Open and put 2 pieces of glossy (you can use regular cs) back to back on the ink--close and SMOOSH! Take them out to dry or heat set. Each background is unique!
Then I inked tree with Versamark, sprinkled Heat and Stick powder, heated (quickly) and dumped chocolate glitter on it. Reheat to set. The Pacific blue cs is embossed with a SU Texture plate.
Have a Happy Easter and will be back soon!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love this technique - can't wait to try it! I am really enjoying your blog, and learning so much :)

Natalie aka TaBalie