I hope to share creative stamping ideas with you and get your creative juices flowing! As Stampin' Up's advertisements say, "EARTH without ART is just "EH" !!!

Welcome to my blog!



Total Pageviews

Monday, January 10, 2011

Dollar Store challenge


Good morning!
At my last downline meeting, I posed a challenge that everyone get an item at the $ store and decorate it using SU materials.  It was really fun to go in the store and think what could be done!  Everyone was so clever!  This is the one that I made....The tealight holder is glass with knobbed feet. (in the acrylic box).  I made the tealights by punching a circle of designer paper, poking a hole for the wick, and heating it with the heat gun until the entire top layer was covered with melted wax.  You MUST make sure that the entire circle is covered or it will burn when lit! Then I cut a strip of matching DSP and attached it around the edge of the tealight.  Makes a cute little gift! Oh-and of course, a little hang tag off of the bow....
When the candle is lit, the paper will sink down to the bottom.
Stop by tomorrow to see a swap that I'm taking to Leadership!

No comments: